Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Postcard from The Big Easy

I didn't get a chance to blog from New Orleans last week because I was usually ready for bed by 11:30 every night. But I thought it would be great to give you a few highlights from the trip.
  • New Orleans is a long way from Rock Hill - On Monday, it took us 14 hours to get there. We left RH at 9:00am after waiting around to get an updated sticker for the license plate. The DMV moved at warp speed for us. We pulled in to Celebration Church at 10:00pm (that's 11:00pm RH time). On the way home, we left NO at 7:00am Central time. We pulled in to the FBC parking lot at 10:20pm Eastern time. Granted we did have a little problem with the bus around Biloxi but it's still a looooooong trip.
  • Never pass up Zaxby's for Krystal - A couple of our guys decided that going cheap at Krystal's was better than taking advantage of a well-placed Zaxby's. I'm not sure they ever truly recovered from that very bad decision.
  • Hanging blinds is good work, if you can get it - On Tuesday, our team set out for our work site. The guys working with us assigned us different tasks - putting down a fake wood floor, putting siding on a house, putting down ceramic tile, digging holes, etc. I told the leaders I would do whatever. Whatever ended up with me hanging blinds in a house that was mostly finished. It was 88 degress outside. Inside where I was hanging blinds - 72 degrees. Yep, that's right. They gave me the tough job of hanging blinds in an air-conditioned house. Let me just say that I did NOT request the inside job. I did not, however, decline the inside job.

I'll post some more about the trip in the next few days. Trust me, the best is yet to come.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments: