Friday, May 16, 2008

Clearing the Desk

I had a ritual at some point in my life where I would clear everything off of my desk on Friday before I left my office. Well, it was less of a ritual, more of a good intention. I tried to do it as often as possible but, more often than not, I rushed out of the office to get home and begin my weekend and arrived at my desk on Monday morning to find the same clutter that I had left from the week before. Today, though, I will symbolically clean off the desk of the 1145 gathering before I close up shop on Friday.

  • Will and I met for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was good to have Will back and it's great to have Lori back on the east coast for good. Will heads back to Home Depot on Monday morning. Lori will be working in Charlotte and getting ready for a very important test in the fall. Pray for them as they get adjusted to their new apartment.
  • In our discussions for naming the new gathering, Reveal is the one name that we kept coming back to. We have a couple of other names that we tossed around this afternoon as well. We will probably have one or two more names that we toss into the discussion at our next Leadership team meeting.
  • As discussed earlier, we will be doing four pre-launch gatherings. Will has the theme for the first two-week series and will be meeting with some people who will hopefully be on the creative team to begin going through the creative process. It's exciting to begin getting involved in what's going to be an incredible journey.
  • Our next Leadership team meeting will be on Wednesday, May 28 at 7:30 in the Rock.
  • On a non-1145 related note, my family played Jenga tonight. If you haven't played Jenga, don't do it unless you like loud crashes and tense moments. We reached the 29th level before yours truly pulled a Jenga-thingy from the bottom row and sent the whole tower crashing to the ground. We decided that a time-lapse video of Jenga would be pretty cool.
  • Check out this link. Tony Morgan blogged about the article here. It's a great article that we all need to think about in our journey here at 1145 as well as in our personal and professional lives and our faith journey.
  • Don't forget NASCAR All-Star Sunday this week at FBC.

Thanks for your patience this week. I will be in New Orleans next week with our college ministry. Pray for the 24 of us who are going. If I get a chance to post from NO, I will. Does anyone know if the Hard Rock Cafe in NO is open or not? I need an HRC t-shirt for the collection if it is. Have a great weekend. I'll see you on Sunday.

-- Peace, Jamie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie.... you really need to blog from New 'Awleans!

SNP