Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Music?

As we begin to select and work with the band, I wanted to give everyone a list of some of the songs that we will be working on for the new service. As a worship leader It is really exciting and encouraging when the congregation is engaged in worship and singing out to their Creator with confidence. But it can be very uncomfortable for the worship leader and the congregation when a song becomes a solo because the congregation is not familiar with it.

So in a attempt to help in the transition of learning new songs and building a new repertoire, here is a preliminary list of songs for the new service.

O Come Let Us Adore Him (Passion - Sacred Revolution)
I Am Free (Promise Keepers Band- The Awakening)
Happy Day (Tim Hughes - Holding Nothing Back)
Marvelous Light (Charlie Hall - Flying Into Daybreak)
Let God Arise (Chris Tomlin - See The Morning)
Undignified (David Crowder Band - Can You Hear Us?)
Center (Passion - Passion: The Early Session 02-EP)
You Are God Alone (Phillips, Craig & Dean - Let The Worshippers Arise)
Til I See You (Hillsong - Look To You)
On Jordan's Stormy Banks I Stand (Jars Of Clay - Redemption Songs)
O Praise Him (David Crowder Band - Illuminate)
Blessed Assurance (Kenny Clark - Music Of The Spheres)
By His Wounds (Mac Powell - Glory Revealed)
Kindness (Passion - Passion: The Road to OneDay)
Glorious Day (Todd Agnew - Better Questions)

Obviously, this list will not cover all of the needs of the first few services so I will be using other songs as needed.  The goal here is to give everyone some songs to be listening to over the next few months.

Also, if you have a song (Christian or Secular) that you would like us to use let me know (willbeaty@hotmail.com).

Will

2 comments:

RGT said...

Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi(for a prayer series of course)
World Gone Crazy - Grover Levy
Undo Me - Jenifer Knapp
I ain't ever Satisfies - Steve Earle (eccl.)
Back Where I Began - Caedemon's Call
I am on the Rock - Petra - got to kick it old school every once in a while!
Never Let Go - Matt Redman
Losing My Reigion - REM

I know we talked about what the sermon series would be, but those are a few random songs. I think it is crucial that we play some secular songs on a regular basis (not nec. weekly, but often enough that it would not seem odd). my music tastes are odd, but i can usually think of a song or two to relate to a certain topic.

Unknown said...

Well, I can't let Ryan be the only comment-poster on here!
"A Grateful People/Bless the Lord" - Watermark (A Grateful People: Live)
"Sing to the King" - Passion
"Salvation is Here" - Hillsong
Hunter would like to add:
"Everything" - Lifehouse