Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sunday Morning Conviction

I've been thinking a lot this week about the sermon on Sunday.  I was really struck by how DESPERATE some of these people are for the Word.  And I had to ask myself, "Am I desperate for God and His Word?"

You know I counted 10 bibles that Lori and I have between us (not counting the Hebrew OT and Greek NT from seminary) and I don't know how many other books that I have "about" God or worship or scripture or whatever.  And you know what, there are many times that I would rather pick up one of those "other" books that to go to the source and read there.  So needless to say, I was convicted to really spend some time in the Word.

Random Thoughts

#1 - Coughing or clearing your throat while wearing a face mic is a bad idea.

#2 - Noah was in the Ark a long time: Feb 17 to Jan 1 (about 11 months).

#3 - It is frustrating when the plugin that you want to use for your web-browser only works with a previous version that you can't download anymore.

#4 - The people in the OT had some weird names.

#5 - The band is starting to come together (check us out Sunday morning 9:30 AM in the Apex if you get a chance).

#6 - We need a keyboard player, if anyone knows someone.

#7 - Soon we are going to need a weekly Creative Team Meeting - be thinking of a day and time that might work.

-Will

No comments: