Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

-- The Launch team meeting on Sunday was great. If you were there, thanks for showing up and showing an interest in the new gathering. Will and I met yesterday to begin putting dates on meetings and gatherings. I will be posting those soon as well as sending them out on via email.

-- One of the things that I seriously lack is an eye for decoration. If you don't believe me, stop by my office sometime. The Apex is in serious need of some character. If you feel called and equipped to do some serious decorating without serious funds, I would love to hear from you.

-- College Bible study was awesome last night. I love that after we conclude there are still discussions about scripture going on in groups around the room.

-- That reminds me (Margaret Feinberg), our college group will be going to Isle of Palms in August for a day at the beach. If you have any restaurants to offer up as a place to get some good seafood, let me know. Chip suggested Hyman's (which is a great little place in downtown and has some pretty good crab dip that you can get free if you have a coupon). I like Sullivan's on Sullivan's Island (cool how that happens). But I would love to hear some more suggestions.

-- I'm not even a big superhero fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed this post.

-- Peace, Jamie

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Everyone (especially the college group),

I had heard that She Crab Soup was great and it had its origin in SC. I just thought it was another great Crab dish that I should try but thought it odd I had never heard of it (until recently that is) since it originated in SC. Well on my recent trip to Myrtle Beach I tried some and thought it was the BEST soup I had ever had. So I wanted to let you guys know you should try that if going to the Charleston Area. Of course I don't know if I would have originally tried it if I read this first:

She-crab soup is a rich soup, similar to bisque, made of milk or heavy cream, crab or fish stock, Atlantic blue crab meat, and crab roe, and finished with a splash of dry sherry. It is considered to be the signature dish of Charleston, South Carolina, and is commonly featured on the menus of many of the city's restaurants. The soup is named for the "She-Crab", or female crab, which supplies the flavorful orange roe, or eggs, that comprise a chief ingredient in the soup.

Now even knowing what is in it I will eat it again. I was hoping it would be easy to make so I could try to cook it myself, but how do you get the roe!

Also I emailed Jamie the following: http://www.a-w-shucks.com/cms_pages/index.php. I heard it was the best place in Charleston but I have not had the chance to try it out myself. It might be a drive, but I assumed you might end up in Charleston for a day anyway. If you do try it out and let me know.

See everyone at the next meeting.

~Amanda