Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday AM Thoughts

  • I had a great time speaking yesterday. That's twice in four weeks for me and I have to admit that I enjoy the opportunity to open up both scripture and my life and share what God is teaching me through both. My voice wasn't as shot after yesterday. But that's probably because I didn't speak as long yesterday because the worship services were so packed (especially the second).

  • I love the response I get when I show up wearing a tie on Sunday mornings.

  • I've heard some great things about the Reveal Band from yesterday's SEBO service. I'm looking forward to being able to worship with them this coming Sunday.

  • It rained on our Young Adult couples last night at Bowater Park. So we did what any group of Baptists would do, we talked and ate until it was too late to get in the water. Also, there was a mean game of cards going on almost until the gates closed.

  • Chad Wyatt posted this after a recent trip to Starbucks. I'd loved to hear of any similar experiences that you may have had. Also, do we focus on making our guests welcome at FBC on Sundays? If not, what do we need to do to make sure that we do?

-- Peace, Jamie

1 comment:

Terri said...

I loved the post about Starbuck's! It's amazing when God shows us a correlation between our everyday lives and ways we need to reach out to others who are unaware of His "menu" and how it is shared in His house and everywhere.
Very cool!
-Terri W.